All golf cart permits expire on December 31 of each year and must be renewed annually.
Residents can register their golf carts for free below with the following information:
- Proof of insurance with a coverage limit of not less than $300,000.
- Color description of the golf cart.
- Name and address of the applicant.
Village Golf Cart Ordinance
While operating a golf cart within the Village, drivers must follow the Village Ordinance. The ordinance stipulates that drivers must:
- Affix the permit decal on the left rear of the golf cart.
- Be licensed to drive a vehicle and at least 16 years old or older.
- Have the registration decal affixed to the front of the golf cart.
- Obey all traffic laws in the Michigan Motor Vehicle Code, which includes all parking ordinances of the Village of Milford.
- Comply with all signal requirements as applied to a motor vehicle.
- Not operate the vehicle from one 1/2 hour before sunset until one 1/2 hour after sunrise.
- Affix a red reflector to the rear of the golf cart that can be visible from all distances up to 500 ft.
- Ride as near to the right side of the road as possible.
- Not exceed a speed of 15 mph or operate on any street with a speed limit of more than 30 mph.
- Carry more passengers than the golf cart is designed to carry at one time.
Golf Cart Permit Application.