HydroCorp will have one to three technicians on-site to install the new meters with appointments taking approximately 45 minutes. Each HydroCorp technician can be identified by their company shirt and photo ID badge, each with the logo pictured above. Additionally, the technicians will be wearing proper PPE and following Covid safety protocols.
Letters informing residents or property owners that they are able to schedule an appointment to have their meter replaced will begin going out in September, 2022. These letters will continue through the spring of 2023. Once you have received a letter from the Village with the unique customer code that identifies your water account, you can schedule your meter replacement through either the HydroCorp website at www.watermeterinstall.com or a HydroCorp customer service representative at (844) 493-7641 on Monday through Friday from 8am to 6pm EST. All appointments must be scheduled through HydroCorp, not the Village.
Monday-Thursday: 8am to 7pm
Friday: 8am to 4pm
Scheduled in 4 hour windows, with a three-hour window from 4pm-7pm.
How to prepare for your meter replacement appointment
1. Locate the meter and make sure that it is unobstructed and accessible. Any obstacle including drywall, paneling, storage containers, etc., must be removed before your appointment and is the homeowners responsibility.
2. Ensure the water shut-off valve(s) are fully operable. If your shut-off valves leak or fail during the meter replacement, you will be charged on your next water bill up to $80 to have the water line temporarily frozen or shut-off. It is still the property owner's responsibility to replace or repair the valve(s). If it is found unsafe to exchange the meter due to accessibility or deterioration issues the meter replacement will have to be rescheduled after the property owner has made the necessary repairs.
3. Check grounding wire to ensure it is up to code.
4. All pets must be contained during the water meter replacement appointment.
5. The property owner or a designated representative 18 years of age or older must be present during the water meter replacement.
For more information about HydroCorp and the meter replacement, visit hydrocorpinc.com to see all of their great resources.
If you have questions or concerns regarding your water meter replacement and want to speak to someone from the Village, please call (248) 684-1515 and ask for Penny or Sandy.