In the spring of 2019, a local fundraising effort kicked off to bring a dog park to Milford. Through the Michigan Economic Development Authority's Public Spaces Community Places program, the Village was able to secure a $20,000 matching grant to add to the $26,728 donated by over 130 local residents and businesses through an online campaign via Patronicity. Following the successful fundraising, the project design was completed in late summer of 2019 and work has begun to build the Milford Dog Park.
- View a list of Project Donors
- View the DRAFT Donor Recognition Sign, which will be placed at the entrance of the dog park.
Dog Park Rules
The following rules are applicable to ensure the safe enjoyment of the park by all.
- Keep dogs on leash until inside enclosure.
- Maximum of two (2) dogs per adult
- Dogs must have a current license.
- Dogs under four months not permitted.
- Dogs must be accompanied by an adult (age 18 or older) at all times, even in enclosure. Children must be supervised by an adult.
- Owners are responsible for pets at all times.
- Use at your own risk. Those creating problems (dogs or owners) will be asked to leave.
- Dogs must be visible and under voice command.
- No food allowed in dog park.
- Dogs in heat may not enter.
- Please clean up pet waste.
While there are no requirements beyond those vaccines required for an Oakland County Dog License, dog owners are strongly encouraged to discuss with their veterinarian which vaccines are appropriate for their pet prior to using the Milford Dog Park.
December 5, 2019 Project Update
As of today, the Milford Dog Park is officially available for use!
Thank you to all of those who raised funds and to the donors who made this happen - and thank you to the Downtown Development Authority and the Village Department of Public Services for their efforts to get the park open for use this fall.
We still have a few small items to take care of this year, and the permanent signs, benches, the drinking fountain, and a few other items will be installed in the spring (once the weather warms up), so there will be a few days coming up where the park will be closed to allow that work to be completed. An official Grand Opening will take place in the spring once all these items are completed.
November 1, 2019 Project Status Update
Activity on the site of the future Milford dog park has been picking up in recent weeks, and a lot has been going on behind the scenes as well. The park location was surveyed and the fence line was staked out ahead of fence installation. Recently, the concrete entrance area was poured and fencing is slated for installation in mid-November.
Once the fencing is installed, we anticipate that a “soft opening” of the park will follow – and a formal “Grand Opening” event in the spring, once the weather starts warming back up.