On March 30, 1869, the Michigan State Legislature enacted Act 371 of 1869, which incorporated the Village of Milford. An election followed shortly thereafter, and on April 12, 1869, the first Village Council meeting was held.
2019 marks the 150th Anniversary of the incorporation of the Village of Milford. The anniversary was formally observed at the April 15, 2019 Village Council meeting where Oakland County, State of Michigan, and Federal resolutions were presented in honor of the occasion.
For more information on the history of the Village, and the Milford area in general, please visit the Milford Historical Society website.