To date, the road millage has generated $3.68 million in funds for road improvements in the Village. The Village able to use portions of these funds to secure federal funding of approximately $1 million for projects involving repairs to the E. Huron St. bridge, Commerce Rd., and the scheduled repairs to S. Milford Rd. in 2019. Additioanlly, the Village has spent approximately $950,000 in funds from the General Fund on roadward since 2013.
Projects completed to date using funds from the Road Millage include the following:
- Annually spending $25,000-50,000+ for preventative maintenance (crack-sealing, spot replacements of asphalt & concrete, etc.)
- 2013 – Canal (Crystal – First), Fairview Hills Subdivision ($522,561, balance applied toward Commerce Rd.)
- 2014 – Knight, Duke, Friar ($318,307, balance applied toward Commerce Rd.)
- 2015 – Canal (Main – First) & Huron Bridge ($713,272, balance applied toward Commerce Rd.)
- 2016 – Commerce Rd. ($2,619,973)
- 2018 – Heritage Hills/Winding Way ($492,343)
- 2019 (Planned) - resurfacing of S. Milford Rd. from Village limits to General Motors Rd. (partially funded with Federal Road Funds); asphalt and concrete repairs; and crack-sealing throughout the Village
To report a pothole, please complete an online pothole report or call (248) 685-3055, with a detailed description of the location (nearest intersection, which lane, etc.) and your contact information. Reported potholes will generally be repaired within 48-72 hours.