General Information on Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
With the recent increase in news coverage about the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), we understand that Village residents may have questions regarding the virus. At this time, the advice from the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) is as follows:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. If not available, use hand sanitizer.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing.
- Stay home if you are sick, and contact your healthcare provider.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
The health agencies below each offer additional information about the virus, including data about local cases.
- Oakland County Health Department Coronavirus Information Page
- Michigan Department of Health & Human Services (MDHHS) Coronavirus Information Page
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Coronavirus Information Page
Information from Oakland County Health Department is updated on their website www.OakGov.com/Health as it becomes available. The Oakland County Nurse on Call is also available at 800-848-5533, Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM- 5:00 PM or you can email email@example.com.