COVID-19 Impact on Village Facilities & Services
With the issuance of Executive Order 2020-110 on June 1, 2020, the Village offices and other facilities will begin to reopen in the coming weeks. Please check the dates below regarding the reopening of facilities.
- Effective Friday, June 5, 2020 playgrounds in the Village will reopen in accordance with the rescinding of the Oakland County Public Health Order that closed playgrounds in March.
- Please note that at this time, the restrooms in Central Park remain closed, so please plan accordingly. We are currently working on a plan to reopen the family restrooms shortly and hope to be able to announce details in the coming days.
- Effective, June 15, 2020, Village Offices will be open to the public. Masks covering the nose and mouth are required for all those entering the Village Offices.
- The use of the dropbox outside or online payments is highly encouraged. Those individuals who do visit the Village offices for face to face meetings will need to self-screen prior to arrival.
This is an ever-evolving situation and we continue to communicate with various public health officials and alter plans accordingly.
- Office Phone Number: 248.684.1515
- Online Services: www.villageofmilford.org/services
General Information on Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. If not available, use hand sanitizer.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing.
- Stay home if you are sick, and contact your healthcare provider.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
The health agencies below each offer additional information about the virus, including data about local cases.
- Oakland County Health Department Coronavirus Information Page
- Michigan Department of Health & Human Services (MDHHS) Coronavirus Information Page
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Coronavirus Information Page
Information from Oakland County Health Department is updated on their website www.OakGov.com/Health as it becomes available. The Oakland County Nurse on Call is also available at 800-848-5533, Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM- 5:00 PM or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Impact on Shopping & Dining
Effective with Executive Order 2020-110, The following changes are taking place with respect to retail and restaurant operations.
Effective June 4, 2020, retail establishments can reopen to the public, with the regulations covered in Executive Order 2020-97 in effect. To assist retail establishments adjust to these restrictions, Village Council approved special provisions for the downtown area to allow partial use of outdoor space for displays under a permit held by the Milford Downtown Development Authority.
Effective June 8, 2020, restaurants can reopen dine-in services, with the regulations covered in Executive Order 2020-97 in effect, including a reduction in capacity of 50% of normal seating. In order to assist restaurants adjust to these restrictions on capacity, Village Council has approved special provisions for restaurants to utilize additional outdoor space on both public and private property under a permit held by the Milford Downtown Development Authority.
Effective, June 15, 2020, other personal care services (salons, etc.) may resume opoerations under Executive Order 2020-115.
Impact on Trash, Recycling, & Yard waste Collection
Trash, recycling, & yard waste collection are continuing, with collection taking place on Tuesdays.
Due to the COVID 19 pandemic the Household Hazardous Waste events scheduled for April 4, April 18, May 2, and May 16 were cancelled.
- April 4 - Wixom Cancelled
- April 18 - Southfield Cancelled
- May 2 - Farmington Hills Cancelled
- May 16 - Milford Cancelled
At this time and with the understanding of the fluidity of this situation, the intent is to hold the July and October events as scheduled. However, this is subject to change as the situation changes. RRRASOC is working diligently to schedule extra weekday HHW and shredding events. Specific details such as dates, times and locations will be announced upon determination.
In the meantime, RRRASOC residents can drop-off HHW at ERG Environmental Services in Livonia without a fee, Monday through Friday – 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
ERG Environmental Services
13040 Merriman Road, Livonia
For more information on alternatives and other events, please visit the RRRASOC website.
Village of Milford Preparedness & Response Plan
Executive Order 2020-97 requires the Village to implement a Preparedness & Response Plan for Village staff and operations.
View the Village of Milford Preparedness and Response Plan (effective June 8, 2020)
Download the required Visitor Self-Screening Form